Re: X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Till Maas (opensource till name) said:
Imho then the kernel should be patched to start booting graphically using tty7 and not tty1. Then you have no switching and do not disturb text-only machines.

Having the kernel parse its own commandline for a runlevel (a concept that has
nothing to do with the kernel, and doesn't even exist under some init systems)
and then choosing to rearrange the tty init sequence based on that?

I'll pass.

Bill

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant simply for tty7 to always be the active tty on boot. That's a bit easier to stomach.

--CJD