X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 28 22:14:56 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Casey Dahlin said:
>> I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant simply for tty7 to
>> always be the active tty on boot. That's a bit easier to stomach.
>
> If you don't add the bits I mentioned, then you'll get a blank tty7
> when you boot in text mode. Which is presumably not what you want.

So add an explicit switch to tty1 in runlevel 3. It shouldn't flicker
because it's not changing display modes (at least, I don't remember
flicker switching between mingetty VT's; can't check right now because
X->VGA switching doesn't work on this machine). Where's the problem?

--
Matthew
ESNR: signal to noise ratio too low (try a mailer without disclaimers)