Re: X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Joshua Baker-LePain (jlb17 duke edu) said:
>> > NetworkManager is not an option and has no place on my machines.
>>
>> Right-click -> "Edit connections", pick your preferred setting, click
>> on 'System setting'.
>
> Right-click on what?  I run fvwm.  How are non-DE users supposed to
> interact with NM?

He was asking how to make NM work after logging out, which does sort
of presume he's already using it. If you are seriously asking about how
to configure NM when you aren't actually using it, well...

>> (Note: Not valid for WPA, etc. That doesn't work outside of NM anyway...)
>
> Yes, yes it does.  And it should.

Not in the context of init.d/network, which is what I meant. (Well, not
outside of gross hacks.)

Bill