Oops. F10 Beta ate my laptop

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 29 19:24:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:43:16 -0700,
  Daryll Strauss <daryll at daryll.net> wrote:
> You are correct kind Sir. Once I hit the space bar quickly enough to catch
> grub, I went back to kernel 51 and it boots just fine. I need to make sure I
> save that one! Thanks for the help and speedy reply.

Note that you don't need to stay on that kernel. That boot option works because
the initrd for that kernel was build with an older version of mkinitrd
(presumably when it was installed). You can use the older version of mkinitrd
to rebuilt the initrd for later kernels if you are interested in testing
them sooner rather than later.

If you have encryption over raid, then there is some tweaking to be done.