Re: Fedora 11: moving to posix file capabilities?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:33:32PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Michael Stone <michael laptop org> wrote:

Could you please suggest some links to your favorite writeups of those
reasons?

The PolicyKit docs have some:
http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/PolicyKit/intro-define-problem.html

Thanks for the link; reading now.

Also, do you have data on what effect (if any) this trend has
on steady-state system memory consumption?

That's a good question - I think with system activation by default
activated mechanisms will stay around, though obviously the kernel can
page them out.

Do you have data which suggest that the pages are all or mostly clean?
(I work on a system with no swap other than, maybe, compcache.)

Michael