Re: Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Dax Kelson (dkelson gurulabs com) said:
> I would argue strongly that this change should not be made for the
> following reasons (in no particular order):

So, I'd like to take a different tack to this request. I don't want
to be combative, but I'm genuinely curious.

This change was documented as part of the BetterStartup feature on the
wiki page ever since existed. For those playing at home, that's roughly a
year and a half. No one complained on this list.

The feature was proposed to FESCo, and approved. No one complained
on this list.

The feature was implemented, and landed in rawhide. No one complained
on this list.

Will mentioned it on the list, as an adjunct to a release note (more
or less). Everybody showed up.

Are people not running rawhide and the test releases? Are they not
looking at features as they are proposed and being involved in the
process? Are they just sitting around waiting to be outraged?

Bill