Re: Dia has .la files

Jerry James wrote:
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi ray gmail com> wrote:
I noticed that the dia package has %{_libdir}/%{name}/*.la files. Any
particular reason for them to be there? Doesn't guidelines ask us to
remove them?
Yes, please remove them.  We should not encourage the libtool agenda
to redefine how shared libraries work on our platform.

I've got quite a collection of .la files under /usr/lib64 on my Fedora
9 x86_64 machine.  All of the following packages contain at least one
.la file:

[cut]
brasero
[cut]