[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Fedora 10 Beta Freeze coming soon



On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 14:52 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 13:02 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > The Fedora 10 Beta freeze is scheduled for the 19th of Aug, one week and
> > one day away.  I know it hasn't been very long since the Alpha release,
> > but that's how we roll here in the land of 6 month release cycles.
> > 
> > Beta freeze also marks the Feature freeze, so it is very important that
> > you get your features into working, testable shape by then, or be
> > prepared to try your feature again for Fedora 11.
> > 
> > We'd like to treat rawhide as a slushy freeze at this point, we'll be
> > doing full composes against rawhide to test for various things and be
> > ahead of the curve come actual freeze time, so we'd like you to not land
> > any really dangerous changes without extensive testing first, and
> > notification to the Fedora lists about your scary change.  If we all
> > work together we can get through the beta freeze period quickly and be
> > on to the bugfixing mode after beta releases.
> > 
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Schedule is the current
> > schedule, although releng/Fesco/Board has the ability to change the
> > schedule as needed.  This week's meetings of the various boards, sigs,
> > groups, etc.. should focus on Beta readiness.  It would be good to take
> > a moment to see what state your area of interest is in, and how likely
> > it would be that said area of interest will be in a "testable" shape by
> > the Beta freeze.  If more (reasonable) time is needed, now is the time
> > to let the project know so that we can effectively manage the remainder
> > of our release schedule.
> > 
> > Thanks for all your hard work in making Fedora 10 great!
> > 
> 
> Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks to say the least.
> 
> We moved our freeze date to reflect the situation.  The new freeze date
> is Sept. 9, which is in 7 days.
Provided FC8 and FC9 have been in deep freeze for 3-4 weeks and are
still deep freeze, I would recommend to reconsider this decision above.

Postponing F10 Beta Freeze by the same amount of time FC8 and FC9 don't
receive updates, would seems more than appropriate to me.

Ralf



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]