Help Needed: Test pidgin-2.5.1 and Yahoo IM

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 05:58:35 UTC 2008

Here is an opportunity for someone to test a failure that happened to
me.  Upstream requested more information about this and a good write-up
for reproducing, but I cannot prioritize working on this now.  (Working
on getting Fedora Updates flowing...)

If this is a real issue, upstream should know about it quickly.  This
2.5.1 plus additional fixes is likely to become the next version in RHEL-5.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc9

* Install pidgin-2.5.1 on F-9.
* Run pidgin with the -d option to get debugging output on the terminal.
* Have someone else that you haven't talked to yet add you on Yahoo IM.
   Do you see the authorization confirmation request in your Buddy List?
   When you have both added each other, do you immediately see each
other online?
   Or do you need to restart pidgin to see each other?
* Is this reproducible by removing each other from respective Buddy
Lists and repeating the procedure?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com