Re: Dependency loops considered harmful?

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Mamoru Tasaka
<mtasaka ioa s u-tokyo ac jp> wrote:
> Umm... agreed.
> When I install some binary rpms rebuilt by koji scratch build to review
> the package it often pulls so many depdendencies, especially when they
> are Java packages.

What's the overall drive consumption when you do that? The issue isnt
"number of packages" the issue is "amount of harddrive space."  Game
data make be exceptional in that that are typically as large or larger
than 200M.  Pulling in java deps might pollute your packagelist..but
does it burn 200M+ of harddrive space?

I hope the packagekit people are watching this discussion. The game
data subpackaging issue should be right up their ally in terms of
end-user ease of use issues.

-jef