Re: Dependency loops considered harmful?

Jeff Spaleta wrote, at 09/04/2008 03:31 AM +9:00:
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Mamoru Tasaka
<mtasaka ioa s u-tokyo ac jp> wrote:
Umm... agreed.
When I install some binary rpms rebuilt by koji scratch build to review
the package it often pulls so many depdendencies, especially when they
are Java packages.

What's the overall drive consumption when you do that? The issue isnt
"number of packages" the issue is "amount of harddrive space."  Game
data make be exceptional in that that are typically as large or larger
than 200M.  Pulling in java deps might pollute your packagelist..but
does it burn 200M+ of harddrive space?

One package I reviewed pulled 96M dependency rpms (and if they are expanded
they gets larger)

Mamoru