Re: Fedora 8 and 9 updates status

2008/9/6 Todd Zullinger <tmz pobox com>:
> Matej Cepl wrote:
>> On 2008-09-06, 16:23 GMT, Todd Zullinger wrote:
>>> The fingerprints can be verified at:
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/keys
>>
>> Except that the webpage mentions email fedora redhat com whereas
>> the real key is signed for fedora fedoraproject org
>
> It only uses that address in the example, which uses the old key in
> /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora and in the "Obsolete Keys"
> section when giving details for the old key.  And that address is
> correct for the old key.
>
> The information there for RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-8-and-9-primary and
> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test-8-and-9-primary should be correct.  If it does
> not match what is in the updated files in fedora-release, please yell
> loudly. :)

What would be even better is if the new GPG keys would be able to be
verified through the GPG web of trust.  I'm not sure how much time is
left in Fudcon Brno, but maybe the folks over there could arrange an
impromptu keysigning to expand the GPG web of trust among Fedorans.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"