Fedora not "free" enough for GNU?

I was just over at gnu.org to download the anniversary video recorded
by Stephen Fry, and while I was there decided to take a look at what
systems they recommend as being free.

They list BLAG, which is based on Fedora. But Fedora itself (and
Debian) is not there!

This struck me as rather strange, especially considering their
guidelines are actually based on Fedora's (and we are thanked for it):

As far as I remember, Rahul Sundaram was talking to the GNU / FSF
people about this quite a while back. Is it just the difference over
binary-only firmware that's consigning us to the "non-free" heap?

Michel Salim