New mono SIG created

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 08:52:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 07:31:45PM +0100, Paul wrote:
> If you are a user, packager or maintainer of any mono package, you may
> like to know that there is now a SIG devoted to Mono.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Mono
>
> I'm not quite sure yet how to set up a mailing list (I think it would be
> really useful!) for it, but hey, it's early days yet!

Has the Mono SIG looked at packaging WIX
(http://wix.sourceforge.net/)?  I took a brief look at it because the
MinGW SIG needs an installer.  "It's a bit weird" would be the best
way to describe it.  No obvious method of building it under Linux,
lots of C# files, and I wasn't entirely sure it was all Free software.
But that's probably just my unfamiliarity with Mono.  In the end we
went with NSIS, which is quite a clumsy tool to use, although it does
work.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)