Re: make force-tag gone

Mike McGrath wrote:
Its a simple workflow that provides an audit trail that we believe will
keep us in compliance with the GPL.  force-tag is sort of nice to have I
guess, but release bumps happen all the time by everyone its not a high
barrier to get releases out.

I'm not sure what else to say, its not going to happen guys unless you can
come up with a different audit trail that will keep us in compliance with
the GPL and satisfies legal.

There's no logic here. You're not forcing people to tag after every CVS check-in, as far as I know. If a release 'n' fails to build (for example, because you forgot to check-in a patch), it makes zero sense to bump to n+1, because release 'n' never *existed* in the first place, since it was never built. That has zero impact over auditing. Spec file auditing is done through CVS.