Re: make force-tag gone

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 10:10 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> So why would you make a change to the spec file, without bumping the
> release?

Because (with all due respect) it seems silly to bump the release just
to deal with fat-fingering something. It happens countless times too.

> Also there's an auditing GPL legal reason (IIRC) that we're
> doing this now.

Can someone confirm that this legal reason actually exists? i.e. if one
builds packages that are never released, how is it then a problem to
retag? And besides, CVS history is still coherent in either case.

Jon.