Re: make force-tag gone

Matt Domsch wrote:
The question is - can an automated tool, given a binary RPM, request
of CVS the corresponding source code for it?  Yes, unless people can
arbitrarily re-tag after the packages have been published.  Then there
is no guarantee that what is tagged in CVS matches the source code for
a given package.

I think we all agree that re-tagging after packages have been built is plain wrong. However this doesn't invalidate the various uses of force-tag that have been discussed in this thread. All we need is a mechanism such that a successful koji build automatically renders the associated tag immutable.