Jochen Schmitt wrote:

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:43:36 -0400, you wrote:

I think we need to talk about the make force-tag change.  It was simply
done, with no discussion by rel-eng or FESCo.

I thank ther is a simple reason for removing this feature.

'make force-tag allow you to build serveral releases of you
package with the same release number, so you can determinate
which content in the cvs belongs to a specific build in koji.

There are arguments on both sides, but this is discussed in the "make force-tag gone" thread.