Re: modesetting feature status

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 11:28 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So one of the features we've been trying to land for F10 that is a major
> > change in how we deal with graphics hardware in the Linux world.
> >

> <snip>
>
> Hi,
>
> I own both an r200, r300 and r500 based card. Sofar I've refrained from filing
> any modesettings related bugs, as the code is moving so fast that my bug would
> be obsolete the next day. Would now be a good time to start filing bugs about
> any issues I encounter? If not, when do you expect the code to be in a state
> where you want to know about any regressions compared to F-9?

I'm 100% interested in the output doesn't light up kinda bugs.

If anyone encounters these what would be useful is to over ssh

boot with nomodeset 3 - go to no X runlevel.
rmmod radeon drm
modprobe drm debug=1
modprobe radeon modeset=1

and attach dmesg to a bug, also add an xorg log from a nomodeset boot

Next on the list are oops and crashes.

If I can solve the crashers and modeset not starting I can start on the
artifacts, rendering speed regressions and 3D bits.

but from the beta release I'd feel free to file any bugs against it.

Dave.