Re: what is keeping per-user state outside of user's $HOME ?

John Ellson wrote:
I have a problem when my userid, and only my userid, has no Lock Screen menu item or applet.

I reported this problem against gnome-screensaver (BZ# 457147) but its not progressing so perhaps the problem should be reported against a different component?

What is really weird, and bothersome, is that this state (no Lock Screen menu item) doesn't get reset by:
   rm -rf .gnome .gnome2 .gconf .gconfd .metacity

Where else is per-user state kept ?

/tmp

-- Chris