Re: what is keeping per-user state outside of user's $HOME ?

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 10:40 -0400, John Ellson wrote:
I have a problem when my userid, and only my userid, has no Lock Screen menu item or applet.

(having not looked at the bug)

Are you sure it's not a ConsoleKit interaction making the session think
your user isn't at the console?

Only if ConsoleKit is keeping per user-state. If I login at the console as any other user I get the Lock Screen menu item.

I just tried moving aside my home directorory, deleting my userid, removing everything in /tmp and /var/tmp, rebooting creating a new userid with the same name (but different user and group numbers), and it still has no Lock Screen!!!

Something is keeping information about userid "ellson" outside of /home/ellson, but what?

--
John Ellson