libbluetooth soname bump

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 15:41:16 UTC 2008

Heya,

It all went a bit quick, and the new bluez 4.x utilities and libraries
have landed in rawhide. This means that a number of applications needed
to be rebuilt.

If your application was using the bluetooth library itself, there are
very few changes to the underlying API, only if you used to parse SDP
records by hand. See this example patch:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/obex-data-server/devel/obex-data-server-0.3.4-bluez4.patch?view=markup

For applications that used the D-Bus API, well, you'll need to update
them to use the new API. Only apps I know that do that are apps I
maintain, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Many thanks to the maintainers who already did their own rebuilds in
meantime.

Here's the list of rebuilds I made. Let me know if I forgot anything.

* Rebuilt apps:
pilot-link
obex-data-server
gnome-vfs2-obexftp
libbtctl
libwiimote
gnokii
gnome-phone-manager
gnome-bluetooth
obexftp
gypsy
libsyncml
amora
pybluez
callweaver-bluetooth
libopensync-plugin-irmc
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

* Apps that still need porting:
gnome-user-share
nautilus-sendto
obex-data-server

* Apps that I couldn't rebuilt, didn't rebuild:
gammu (closed ACLs)
openobex-apps (closed ACLs)
obexfs (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=820234, not
bluez related)