Re: Beware: External repos can break key transition

On 11.09.2008 20:36, Callum Lerwick wrote:
$ sudo yum update
Loaded plugins: fedorakmod, refresh-packagekit
[...]
So, an update in the Repo That Can Not Be Named, depends on an update in
the updates-newkey repo, not yet available,

Just to set things straight: it's available for about 36 hours now afaics:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-September/msg00385.html

The xine-lib-extras-nonfree package hit the livna repo about half a hour later.

thus breaking the transaction due to yum's pedantry.

Something to be aware of if you have non-technical users using Livna,
and you didn't think you needed the skip-broken plugin...

That is a well known problem; I put it up for broader discussion how to best fix it and described the root of the problem in details about one month ago:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00041.html

I'm all for solving that problem, but that afaics should happen on the yum level and thus in Fedora and not in Livna/RPM Fusion. Seems skip-broken is the best answer, but that's not enabled by default in Fedora. Livna/RPM Fusion could fix that via its release-packages, but that's not nice and I want to avoid going that route.

CU
knurd