Re: Beware: External repos can break key transition

On 12.09.2008 02:36, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta <at> gmail.com> writes:
Seems okay for me. I just installed xine-lib-extras-nonfree on my
32bit system. Perhaps this a transitory issue due to one of the
mirrors not being fully synced?
Not really.

That's wrong (sorry), as the same problem shows up each time a new xine-lib/xine-lib-extras-nonfree packages hit the repo. The exact same problem also happens with other packages with close inter-repo deps -- kernel module packages for example, but also qmmp/qmmp-plugins-freeworld, audacious/audacious-plugins-nonfree and a few others.

For details see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00041.html

This

Everyone with xine-lib-extras-nonfree installed who didn't migrate to the new key yet is going to be hit by it, as the matching xine-lib only shows up once the newkey repo is enabled, and the yum update which should do that will fail due to broken dependencies (chicken&egg at work, the "chicken" is working "yum update", the "egg" is the new fedora-release package).

only makes it a bit more painful this round ;-)

> [...]

CU
knurd