Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Srecko Morovic smorovic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:57:34 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have a lot of seemingly pulse audio related issues on my F9 desktop.
> Since  I really like the idea behind Pulseaudio, I would like to see
> these get sorted out, and would like to know how I can help in terms
> of providing useful information.

FWIW, there is a FUSE patch, called CUSE (character device emulation in
userspace). The author also created a proof of concept userspace OSS emulation
which should work with pulseaudio, but it requires ALSA OSS emulation to be
disabled in kernel at compile time.

The implementation doesn't have mmap oss support at this time.
http://userweb.kernel.org/~tj/ossp/

kernel mailing list discussion:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.fuse.devel/6818/focus=6820