Re: Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad users sourceforge net> wrote:

 No,
thanks; I'd rather have X fail to start and dump me at a normal console from
which I can fix the problem *without rebooting*, much less needing to dig up
a rescue disk :P.

I believe we already do that today, and am not advocating removing
that functionality if possible.

Right. If X doesn't work, we currently fall back on non-X consoles.

You said earlier:
We're going to be removing the legacy non-X system consoles by default
in the long run.

...which would cause a problem there.

Maybe we're simply miscommunicating. Did you mean "we are going to arrange so that you never see a non-X console unless you a: ask for one (ctrl-alt-fX) or b: something goes wrong"? That's not how I read that the first time (now, I'm simply unsure what you meant). If that's the case, cool, forget what I said :-). Just so long as those "legacy non-X consoles" don't cease to exist, I've no gripes making them as hidden as you like for people that don't go looking for them.

--
Matthew
What? This signature /again/?