Re: Today's (9/12) rawhide all users = unable to authenticate user!

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 17:53 +1200, Nigel Jones wrote:

> Overall, I'm in favour of not allowing root GUI logins by default, I'd
> imagine we are still going to always have direct root CLI logins.

Really, I think this is a very bad idea. The root user isn't shown in
the login GUI anyways, so if someone types "root" by hand, he really
wants to be root.

I don't see the point of going the Ubuntu "protect us from ourselves"
way.

Steven