Re: Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

On Saturday, 13 September 2008 at 00:16, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Matthew Woehlke
> <mw_triad users sourceforge net> wrote:
> > Colin Walters wrote:
> >>
> >> We're going to be removing the legacy non-X system consoles by default
> >> in the long run.
> >
> > Um... what happens then when X is broken?
>
> What happens when the linux kernel is broken?

Bad analogy. You can work without X, but you can't without the kernel.

> What happens when /bin/sh is broken?

Use /bin/csh. ;)

> What happens when NetworkManager is broken?

I still use the old network scripts. You will pry them from my rotting
fingers, but not before.

> You fix the bug.

Sure. If you can. If not, you file a bugreport, but in the meantime,
you want to be able to work.

> Also, one thing I would like to see Fedora install by default is a
> compressed recovery image, rather than just multiple kernels.

I don't want to have to reboot just to fix a typo in xorg.conf.
Did you spend too much time working on MS Windows?

Regards,
R.

Livna http://rpm.livna.org | MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu
"Faith manages."