Re: The state of resolv.conf

2008/9/14 Ahmed Kamal <email ahmedkamal googlemail com>:
> I have an itch. I connect to work using openvpn. Works great, except that
> openvpn does not modify resolv.conf to add work's dns servers (now available
> through vpn). It does that on Windows though! I cannot expect openvpn or
> (any other application) to simply overwrite /etc/resolv.conf at will, but
> what is fedora missing to get an elegant solution to this problem ?

You should be able to push DHCP options from the OpenVPN server:

http://openvpn.net/index.php/documentation/howto.html#dhcp

push "dhcp-option DNS 10.66.0.4"
push "dhcp-option DNS 10.66.0.5"

The client OS shouldn't matter, it should be picking up the DHCP
options when the OpenVPN client brings up the interface when it comes
up.

Brett