Re: The state of resolv.conf

Paul Howarth wrote:
Ahmed Kamal wrote:
I have an itch. I connect to work using openvpn. Works great, except that
openvpn does not modify resolv.conf to add work's dns servers (now available
through vpn). It does that on Windows though! I cannot expect openvpn or
(any other application) to simply overwrite /etc/resolv.conf at will, but
what is fedora missing to get an elegant solution to this problem ?

I use a local DNS server that forwards queries (both forward and reverse lookups for the network I'm connecting to) down the tunnel. So /etc/resolv.conf always contains just localhost as the nameserver.

Does that handle the case well where you've got a laptop and you move from one wireless network to another? How would you get it to recognize the changing DNS servers in that case?

--
Jon Biggar
jon biggar org