Re: NetworkworkManger and network based filesystem /usr

Horst H. von Brand wrote:
Jeff Law <law redhat com> wrote:

[...]

It  must die die die.  We're far better off making root filesystems
sharable and readonly.

/etc at the very least is a /intensely/ personal issue for each machine...
We had local / and shared /usr and so on for ages under assorted Unices
here, and then for Linux. True, today disks are much cheaper; but old
habits are long in dying.
union filesystems are the answer for those (very few) items in /etc which are not sharable.

Jeff