Re: The state of resolv.conf

Jon Biggar wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

I use a local DNS server that forwards queries (both forward and reverse lookups for the network I'm connecting to) down the tunnel. So /etc/resolv.conf always contains just localhost as the nameserver.

Does that handle the case well where you've got a laptop and you move from one wireless network to another? How would you get it to recognize the changing DNS servers in that case?

I handle that with a dhclient-exit-hooks script that modifies named.conf
and triggers a named reload whenever dhclient sees a change in the DNS
server addresses.  It's messy, though, and if SELinux were enabled it
would complain mightily about dhclient doing naughty things.

                Do NOT delete it.