Re: Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
And that's ok. Do remember that X was defined at a time hardware was
vastly less powerful and core X is not wasteful at all. Compared to
how the rest of the system has bloated, X is definitely lean and mean.

I agree with that point. Does an X-based mingetty replacement actually exists ? Something that's proven to be sufficiently fail-safe (will work even with half-broken X configurations and such?).