Re: Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Le lundi 15 septembre 2008 à 18:16 +0200, Denis Leroy a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > And that's ok. Do remember that X was defined at a time hardware was
> > vastly less powerful and core X is not wasteful at all. Compared to
> > how the rest of the system has bloated, X is definitely lean and mean.
>
> I agree with that point. Does an X-based mingetty replacement actually
> exists ? Something that's proven to be sufficiently fail-safe (will work
> even with half-broken X configurations and such?).

I suspect that as soon as much of the hardware pocking is moved from
xorg to the kernel and X can be run as a normal user "X-based mingetty
replacement" will be just running a x term fullscreen in an
autoconfigured X instance.

Of course one could theorically write a much lighter solution using only
freetype (cairo, pango?) and an xkb-config parser

--
Nicolas Mailhot