Re: Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Colin Walters wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Denis Leroy <denis poolshark org> wrote:
I occasionally run into a Gnome app bug where drag'n'drop "hangs" the
desktop (the "drag" never "drops", sort of) where the only way out is
ctrl-alt-f1 to mingetty and killall the user-space app. Without mingetty,
ctrl-alt-del is the only other option (i.e. loose all unsaved documents).

We should make Ctrl-Alt-Backspace just break server grabs instead of
killing the server (and of course fix the bugs in the apps that hang
while holding a server grab).

I hear the magic key to kill server grabs is going away in new X (maybe already has)... which is a pity, because something on my desktop occasionally grabs the mouse and won't let go.

So... I'm in favor of a 'break grabs' key enabled by default :-).

--
Matthew
"NT was a marketing name that stood for New Technology, but it was still an amusing coincidence that WNT was VMS with each letter replaced by the next one."