Version of Postfix in Fedora not kept up to date

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 08:25:15 UTC 2008

On 2008-09-15, 14:41 GMT, Michael Fleming wrote:
> Michael
> (Postfix user, mostly rolling my own packages for it though :-))

Why? Couldn't finally something be done about less-than-perfect
maintained postfix in Red Hat related distributions? Seven years
ago not-really-resolved bug 57137 was the last straw which pushed
me to Debian, currently I don't have choice of using distro, so
bug 215722 (with duplicate in bug 220295) switched me just back
to sendmail, although I believe that postfix would be much better
piece of software if properly maintained.

Did you try to contact Thomas to help him maintain postfix? What
are the problems which make you to use your own builds?

Best,

Matěj