Re: change isdn4k-utils to optional

2008/9/14 Conrad Meyer <konrad tylerc org>:

> Right, the OP wasn't talking about removing the package from Fedora entirely,
> but disabling it as a default installed package. Users who need ISDN for
> non-internet purposes can always download the isdn packages from
> repositories, whereas those who need it to connect to the internet would be
> out of luck if it was disabled by default (for new installs, anyways).

Yes, but this is a chicken and egg for anyone who forgets to select
the ISDN package at install time (especially if they're used to ISDN
"just working" with previous installs). I'm usually in the "disk space
might be cheap but the whole disk isn't, for everyone" camp; on this
occasion I'm wholly behind the people who want to keep it in there by
default (I can always UNselect it at install time if I don't want
it!).