Re: system-autodeath

Stephen Warren wrote:

This and the ignore-everyone-not-using-ATI-or-Intel text
console/modesetting thing is really making me seriously consider switching
distros.

It is actually ignore-proprietary-drivers-because-we-dont-have-source-code -for-them.

Plymouth has a reasonable fallback as well anyway.

Modesetting is getting merged upstream and not only Linux but pretty much everybody using X is going to be having it at some point. I don't think switching distributions is going to help here.

Rahul