Re: system-autodeath

On Fri, September 19, 2008 2:48 pm, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Stephen Warren wrote:
>
>> This and the ignore-everyone-not-using-ATI-or-Intel text
>> console/modesetting thing is really making me seriously consider
>> switching
>> distros.
>
> It is actually
> ignore-proprietary-drivers-because-we-dont-have-source-code -for-them.

As pointed out by other people: What about nv and nouvea users; obviously
those drivers can modeset, and the source is available.

> Plymouth has a reasonable fallback as well anyway.

OK. This question wasn't directly answered the last time I asked. What is
the fallback?

On Fri, September 19, 2008 2:50 pm, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Seems like you need a lot more info before you express any strong view.

Not really. The autodeath thing was certainly strongly advocated as part
of the default install earlier in discussions.