Xorg wrong colors after resume

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 20 08:38:05 UTC 2008

Hi
This seems to be a potential bug with Xorg, but I can't begin to describe it
to search bz for it! Basically after resuming my laptop from suspend-to-ram
(which works nicely btw :) I always get wrong colors when watching video.
Wrong colors mean that anything "reddish" in the movie would look more
"greenish", actors look like green aliens ;) I noticed with mplayer this
effect happens only with the default video out module of Xv (x-video),
however, if I switch output to x11 (x11-shm) the colors are normal again.
I am using the closed nvidia drivers, with latest F9 everything.
Thanks