Re: How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Comps.xml is afaics mainly used in anaconda (and thus indirectly in tools like pungi that rely on anaconda) and yum (if you know what to do) these days; PackageKit afaics doesn't use it much (or does it use comps.xml at all? Will that change?); it just lists everything it finds afaics (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not using PackageKit much and just use yum directly).

PackageKit does use it via the yum backend.

http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2008/09/19/packagekit-collections/

Rahul