Fedora not "free" enough for GNU?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 21:19:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:

>> Is it in time for F10?  no. Is that ultimately so important? no.
>
> Not for Fedora, that's quite clear.  Two releases in a row that
> refrain from adopting a solution that's ready, because...  I don't
> know, because "it's not in the long term best interests of this
> project"?

You are becoming your worst enemy with lines like that. You fail to
communicate well, you keep treating people like imbeciles,  then you
expect them to follow you without question.. and unlike a good prophet
you expect them to do the work for you. Make an Orange Sombrero or
some hat from Brazil. Show that it can be done and maintained.. and
then you will have something to point to.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux