make update problem

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sun Sep 21 22:04:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:43:01AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> When editor opens, all I do is add a line:
> type=E
>
> which seems to be what the comments in the template call for, then:
>
> make update
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/bodhi", line 313, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/bodhi", line 134, in main
>     updates = bodhi.parse_file(input_file=opts.input_file)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/fedora/client/bodhi.py", line 268, in parse_file
>     config.readfp(template_file)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/iniparse/compat.py", line 106, in readfp
>     self.data.readfp(fp)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/iniparse/ini.py", line 501, in readfp
>     raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fname, linecount, line)
> ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
> file: bodhi.template, line: 6
> 'type=E\n'

Try updating your Makefile.common.  bodhi's update template parser got ported
to iniparse, and the new template format now looks like this:

    [ python-fedora-0.3.6-2.fc9 ]

    # bugfix, security, enhancement, newpackage (required)
    type=enhancement

    # testing, stable
    request=testing

    # Bug numbers: 1234,9876
    bugs=

    # Description of your update
    notes=Here is where you
        give an explanation of
        your update.

    # Enable request automation based on the stable/unstable karma thresholds
    autokarma=True
    stable_karma=3
    unstable_karma=-3

    # Automatically close bugs when this marked as stable
    close_bugs=True

    # Suggest that users restart after update
    suggest_reboot=False

luke