How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 05:53:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 19:05 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:

> The groups in comps.xml is used as meta-packages, there can be installed
> and removed. just like yum groupinstall/groupremove.

 But that's not how groupinstall/groupremove works! Groups are _very_
different from meta-packages, for instance:

yum shell <<EOL
install @x-software-development
remove libXaw-devel
run
EOL

...at the end of this the 'X Software Development' group is not
installed.
 Why doesn't PK make it's "categories" the same as the yum backends
"groups"? I can't even see how to install the above group in PK.

 But then 0.3.2 is still doing utterly broken direct SQL calls, and
failing *sigh*.

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat