Re: Instant Mirror Status...?

seth vidal wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 10:15 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
Hello,
I've become increasingly interested in a simple updates mirroring system to proxy/store updates for a number of fedora machines on our network. I searched google and found the instant mirror project, but it seemed somewhat dead. Is it still alive? Did some other solution replace it?

Take a look at intelligent mirror. A GSoC project by Kulbir Saini.

https://fedorahosted.org/intelligentmirror/

Is there still no way to make yum default to behaving intelligently by itself in the presence of a caching proxy? All it really needs to do is use the same mirror as the last person chose so the URLs will match.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com