Further recommended slip of Beta, and Fedora 10 schedule

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 17:42:14 UTC 2008

After a week(end) of hacking, we're just not there yet for Beta.  There
are a few more anaconda issues that we're tracking down:
 * Network installs where network needs to be brought up in stage2
 * Installs via Media
 * Doing something with tracebacks

We're fairly confident that we've got fixes for these issues, but given
the current timeline we'd rather have a few more days of testing rather
than rush something out that doesn't work.

The Release Engineering team is recommending a slip of the Beta release
date to Tuesday Sept 30th.  To go along with this slip, we recommend
that all further points of the Fedora 10 schedule slip out a week as
well, which would put the Fedora 10 release date at November 25th.

While we realize that this is a Holiday week for the vast majority of
people in the United States of America, the work for Fedora 10 would
have to have been completed by Nov 20th in order to release on the 25th
so there should not be (many) schedule conflicts.  Any further slipping
of the schedule will slip around this holiday week.

FESCo will need to ACK this schedule change, and we are also making sure
this schedule doesn't conflict with (m)any thing(s) at Red Hat, and
other distributions.  An announcement of the schedule change will be
made when it is fully approved.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!