No dynamic groups in PackageKit

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 17:22:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 19:13 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Livna/RPM Fusion in the past tried to put its packages into the same
> groups as Fedora did. That somehow broke or confused groupinstall in yum
> iirc (never looked into the details; just heard it from skvidal and
> others)

I do believe the problem was that you used the same group names, but
different descriptions.  If you had used the exact same
name/description/translation/etc... and /only/ changed the package
contents it would have been just fine. (that's what we do with the
groupdata in the release repos and the updates repos.  Only the package
items change, nothing else)

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!