Is Zimbra open-source software

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:19:53 UTC 2008

2008/9/24 Prakash Hallalli <pkh444 at yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am prakash, i would like to know about zimbra,
> Is Zimbra stable to deploy and is it free software (GNO/GPL)?
> Please help me.

I'm not sure that this is the appropriate forum for this, but Zimbra
is stable to deploy - they have two editions, the FOSS editions and
the Network edition.  The Network edition is non-free, the FOSS
edition is open source under the terms of the Yahoo! Public License.
As I recall, this license was recently modified in order to make it
free - the problem with the prior version is that Yahoo could
unilaterally revoke the license.