Re: How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 12:31 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> There's koji which
> touches every binary package, consumes and generates comps files.
> There's comps.xml which is the master store for this information right
> now.  There's repoview which provides a static interface to binary
> packages and comps on the gold repo but not yet updates -- if it is
> updated to work on updates, that will require bodhi to write out the files.

Kevin is right, it's mash that pulls comps out of cvs and 'makes' it and
uses it when generating repodata.  Mash is used during rawhide
production and during update repo generation.  When we make releases,
that uses pungi which consumes the comps data that mash generated and
merges in data from any other repo pungi is configured to use.  Then
pungi calls repoview to create data based on that merged comps.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!