Re: please deactivate services by default!

Colin Walters wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
Once upon a time, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> said:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
Once upon a time, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> said:
The desktop image no longer installs sendmail by default.
What SMTP server is installed now?
None.
So what happens to messages from cron jobs and other standard Unix stuff
that expects /bin/mail or /usr/sbin/sendmail to do something useful?

If there are cron jobs that send mail, we will deactivate them.

So... you just broke cron? I use rsync for nightly backup. It makes noise. Ergo, I get mail. Are you saying my *nightly backup* suddenly won't work? Or at best, I will have no way of knowing if any errors occurred?

I really hope I'm missing something...

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while in a KDE session. And nothing bad happened whatsoever. Try THAT on Windows :-D.